Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I Don't Ski

Some giant bulimic god has gorged itself on snow cones and purged all over my city.

That’s the kind of snow that has been dumping these past few days. Slushy, crusty, and plentiful. This week, Utah has anything but the “Greatest Snow on Earth.” Utah License Plates, you lie.

Granted, having snow everywhere isn’t without some charm. It changes things up a bit; reminds me that there are seasons and whatnot. And at least it’s consistent with the ideal Christmas environment portrayed in movies and television. And last week when my friend broke her foot while dancing the “boot-scoot boogie” or whatever the hell it was called, we were able to run outside and gather snowballs to ice up her foot and keep down the swelling so she wasn’t screaming with pain all the way to the hospital.

But I’m through making excuses for the snow. Really, nothing good can be said. I don't ski, I don't snowboard, I don't frolic about. T'aint worth it.

6 comments:

grace said...

the boot scoot boogie?

uhm. yeah.

anyway, i'm with you. snow's overrated.

brrr.

soooo, let's build a snowman!

have you rented Cannibal! The Musical yet? :P

Jer said...

The boot scoot boogie is a scary thing. Pray you never witness it.

Are you still sick as a dog? I haven't yet rented Cannibal .... my netflix que is so long, too many movies to watch. I wish I could just have them inserted into my conciousness, via plastic tube.

Oh, and no snowmen will be built.

NARDAC said...

Why don't you just get a garbage bag and throw yourself down a hill? It'll put you out of your misery.

Jer said...

Why not indeed -- it sounds fun. Cheaper than buying a sled.

NARDAC said...

Hot damn, we need a new post in here. Get yerself together boy!

grace said...

GODDAMNIT! i left a comment and it didn't take. craps.

anyway, AS I WAS SAYING! the boot scoot boogie is indeed frightening. i have witnessed it. and i'm so sorry i did.

my netflix queue is painfully long, as well.

i'm all better now! thanks for asking!

but, we could name the snowman "beowulf"! hehe. no?