Monday, January 30, 2006

Sweet Spam

I received the following email today:
---
Hi ,
I am Stephani, Remember me?
New Super Web Sites Opened.You Know?
Every Thing Here And Every Thing Super.
This is Not Dream!!! This is Real!!

This is Not Spam Mail.This is Reminder! Thanks.
---

Here was my reply:

---
Dearest Stephani,

Of course I remember you. How could I forget? How long has it been? Five, six years? It seems like forever. But you know what I like about you, Stephani? (besides the bad English and the awkward spelling of your name) -- you're always thinking about other people. Just this morning I was thinking to myself: how can I get my hands on more "New Super Web Sites"? And then I get your wonderful email. You're a dream come true, Stephani. A prayer answered. You make Mother Theresa look like a bloated, rum-loving skank.

But there's one thing that hurts me, Stephanie. That you would think for one second that I would consider your sweet, poetic email to be spam. Of course I know you'd never send me spam. Of course I know that this is merely a "Reminder!" After all these years, you still worry what I think of you? Don’t you remember our quiet cottage in Salem? Don't you remember our three beautiful children?

Is this about Molly? Listen, I know all about how you abandoned her in the woods that one day you went crazy. Honestly Stephani, you can’t beat yourself up about that. I don't know anyone who doesn't consider two out of three non-abandoned children a glaring success. Arthur and Danny are both healthy and happy, functional adults -- living within the nurturing walls of the Nevada State Prison.

You’re wrong about one thing, you know -- that "This is Not Dream!!!” Of course this is a dream. Life with you has always been a dream. And I never want to wake up. Forget about the website, as wonderful as it sounds. I want "Every Thing Here And Every Thing Super" for the rest of my life. Come back to me, darling.

Ever devoted,
Jeremy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious!

grace said...

oh, jeremy. you are such a romantic at heart. i always knew you were...

come back to so cal. you complete me.

*sniffle*

NARDAC said...

priceless! finally, he's back!

Kim said...

Mother Theresa liked rum? Who knew...

jess said...

that's awesome!

Bella said...

LMAO! That's a good one.

Have ever tried to sell your stuff to telemarketers. It's fun to tell them all the stuff you have for sale and then become irate and upset because they refuse to buy it. ;)

C.K. said...

hee hee hee. thank you, so very much, for the wonderful e-mail. it just completed my day! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeremy,

I just wanted to say that I've always appreciated your posts and I know you set high standards in comedy. However, with that in mind, I'd like to make a formal request for a new post. It wears a person down to constantly click a link that doesn't update. And, while normally the usual blogs on films watched, friends visiting or work terror will not inspire a quiet type of depression from non-update, yours does. Please, for the love of god, gives us some more.


Love,
Stephanie

P.S. - Arthur, Dani and Molly have been dead for years. Everything here... everything super... this is not a dream. This is a lie.

kris said...

Crickets.





Yet another post that makes us want to make out with you.

Jer said...

Heh ... thanks for the comments. New post soon. Promise. Sorry to keep you waiting, Stephanie. I'll go ahead and blame the Olympics. And TiVo. They're a deadly combination.

grace said...

you ran off with stephani, didn't you?

*sigh*