Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Love Letter

Dear Mr. Macintosh,

I have a confession to make. I think I have feelings for you. This wasn't supposed to happen. I was content to smugly downplay you as an inferior machine. I scoffed at your one-button mouse, your unfamiliar operating system, your goofy, sleek design.

But spending hours with you every day for the past few months has changed me forever. At first it was difficult to admit it to myself, having been against you for so long. I felt like a NRA member having to admit Charlton Heston is hopelessly insane. It's not easy, but it's the truth. I couldn't help but fall for you. You're simple and stylish. You're smooth, easy to navigate, and charmingly practical.

Do me a favor. Don't tell old man IBM. He wouldn't understand. How could he? We've been together so long, he just wouldn't be able to deal with someone new in my life. Besides, he doesn't suspect a thing. Let's leave him happy and ignorant. You'll have me at work and he'll have me at home. It's best this way.

Affectionately Yours,
Jeremy




Postscript:
I hope this letter was sufficiently creepy.

2 comments:

hillary said...

oh but it was...

yet, slightly comforting...

C.K. said...

it was a nice letter. i liked it.
but under the circumstances, creepy. definitally.

hillay marie, what are you thinking? comforting? not really...