Monday, February 14, 2005

Ding Dong The Book Is Done

The kiddies can rejoice! Well, at least the ones that live in Pennsylvania and are in the 4-6th grade age category. Those kiddies.

My book is finished. I've been designing it for 9 months now. 9 months! It's as if I got pregnant when I started on this thing, and am now finally giving birth. But instead of pink, fleshy, baby-like creatures coming out, it's 336 pages of state history textbook. Corner edges are incredibly painful, let me tell you. Next time I'm definitely using protection.

I won't see my baby for a few months, however, since it's being printed in Asia. Meanwhile, I'm finishing up the 7-9th grade sibling book, which is supposed to go to press next month. We'll see about that.

You can view sample pages if you're into that sort of thing. Just click on the cover and investigate to your heart's content.

5 comments:

Quyen said...

Wow! That looks like it took a lot longer than 9 months to put together! I'm impressed. I didn't know you were such a history buff! And of all things, you know so much about Pennsylvania when you live in Utah! :P

Jer said...

Oh I didn't write the book, I just designed it. But, I do know more about Pennsylvania than I could ever want to know, now that it's finished. Were you aware that the steel industry unexpectantly crashed in the 80s and 90s causing all kinds of problems for the Pennsylvania's economy? (worthless things like that).

grace said...

it looks really cool :)

steve's from pennsylvania. maybe we should try and order one for our future progeny :P

grace said...

okay... i know that i'm pushy and stuff... but where ARE you?

you're done with your book! you said so yourself!!!

Jer said...

What: That's a very good point. It would be a lot more socially responsible....and just downright practical to stop making our books out of steel.