Sunday, March 13, 2005

Duran Duran Duran

I saw Duran Duran Saturday in Salt Lake City. They said they like Utah because Mormons are "so f--ing nice." It must be true.

One of the songs featured a pretty sweet cartoon--projected on the screen behind them. The band were animated like retro Japanese Anime characters. They fought ninjas, godzilla, and flying saucers, using their instruments as weapons. I never realized decapitated ninjas could bleed like that!

I have to say Simon LeBon still sounds fantastic. After all these years, he sounds like he did back in the 80s. Not like when I saw Robert Smith of The Cure, who at times sounded like an old man, and other times like a diseased cow.

The concert was chill, with most the attendees getting on in years. No annoying 14-year-olds for a change. Definitely one of the best concerts I've been to in a while. Only thing that pissed me off: they didn't play "Electric Barbarella." Those bastards! I hate them so much!

.

.

.

Okay, I love them again.

1 comment:

grace said...

i saw them a while back at the orange county fairgrounds! hehe...

seriously. the amphitheatre there. they were seriously great...

i had a great time, too...

i still was surrounded by kids, though. i thought that was weird... or maybe they were the weird older ladies who do lots of botox so maybe they weren't young... who knows.

i'm rambling. sorry.