Monday, April 17, 2006

26 Years Ago, I Was Birphed

Today is my Oldness Day, as K and Nardac so aptly put it--marking my rapid decline into middle age. There's a vast, craterous gulf between age 25 and 26, and I have crossed it.

I awoke this morning to a blizzard. Thanks a lot, God. As if you didn't already ravage me with the effects of time and aging, you can't help but rub it in with sub-freezing temperatures? And after weeks of wonderful Spring weather. Just for that I'll be sending even more greenhouse gases to your precious ozone layer.

Seriously, we keep hearing about this Global Warming thing but it's taking FOREVER.

At least I have some exciting activities to look forward to today. Like standing in line at the DMV, having just realized that my driver's license expires. In the good news department, I'm going to be celebrating my newfound elderliness with delicious Indian food in Salt Lake tonight. I just gotta remember not to order anything that will irritate my dentures.

Merry Christmas, Y'all!

6 comments:

NARDAC said...

Holy Kalamazoo... I can't believe I missed commenting the day of... Which is probably for the best. One glass of wine on the Powerbook is enough for me.

Bonne anniversaire, mon meilleur Mormon.

Anonymous said...

I'm a jerk, sort of. I forgot to send you a "Happy birthday!". BUT, I did remember that yesterday was your birthday. I'm a day late, and a buck short, but happy birthday! You need a good birthday gift...how about a gerbil??

Anonymous said...

Happy Birphday.

grace said...

GAH! i missed your bday!!!

happy bday old man. happy bday...

you didn't die of a heart attack on the indian food, did ya? i mean... you gotta be careful of that spicy food when you're old and stuff. :P

happy happy belated. *muwah*

Jer said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, y'all. I appreciate it. The indian food was delicious. And I only went into cardiac arrest, ONE TIME. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I would have commented earlier but I'm a whopping 28, so I do things really slow due to my age.