Friday, July 29, 2005

This is just to say...

I put up a new profile picture. But on closer inspection, I think it makes me look evil. It didn’t look so dark on my computer at home. So I might have to change it again. In which case, there goes an hour of my life I can never get back.

I was supposed to go to a Jewish Seder last night. Well, that’s what I thought. Turns out I was completely wrong. Good thing I left a message on the answering machine of the host letting her know that I’d be late. She called back and explained that it would actually take place on Sunday. Why did I think Thursday? In fact I was CONVINCED it was Thursday. So much so that I had planned my week around it. Altered my life plans. Structured the very fabric of my being around the fact I would be eating unleavened bread on Thursday night.

But Sunday makes much more sense. It’s a religious dinner. Of course it would be Sunday. So, my plans cancelled, I did what anyone would do: I took pictures of myself. And now I realize the picture I’m using for this blog is freaky. Thanks a lot, last-night-Jeremy. If I had a time machine, I’d totally go back and bitch-slap myself.

EDIT: I lightened up the photo quite a bit and it looks less creepy-internet-pervert-out-to-molest-your-daughters. This is good.

12 comments:

Kim said...

You don't look evil silly. I like that picture.

grace said...

my eyes are watering.

you are so funny. i'm so glad you posted. i would hate to have to harass you AGAIN. heh.

i like the pic! maybe you can lighten it, though...

Cindy-Lou said...

Yeah, you look like you want to cut me. However, that doesn't scare me.

Cece Martinez said...

Er. Jeremy. I hate to tell you this but...
You are absolutely gorgeous.
Dark pic or not.

NARDAC said...

It wasn't so bad, though I have a feeling you're borderline overboard with the chocolate filter. What do you want us to do? lèche l'image?

8P

Jer said...

Kim, Grace: I fixed the photo, although it's a bit too glam-like now. I can never win.

CL: Of course I scare you. :)

Cece: Thanks -- but I'm really 300 pounds with a cleft-lip. Photoshop does wonders, heh.

Nardac: I was actually trying to match the brown color-scheme of the blog. Mais si tu veut me lècher, vas-y.

NARDAC said...

ooh la laa! Et j'ai pensé tous les Mormons étaient pudiques.

Kristen said...

1.I have to say that I love the other picture for nostalgic reasons -- it reminded me a little of inscape (where I used to check out your blog)

2. Guess where I was yesterday? Guess. Okay, West Covina. Yep. Aren't you just so jealous?

Anonymous said...

If I were a chick...I'd SO do you...

But anyway...the hat isnt hiding your bald spot. Sucker.

grace said...

that's better :) now i can see your cute little face! hehe...

Jer said...

K: What in tarnations were you doing in my hometown? Don't tell me you've kidnapped my parents! Wait, they're in Alaska -- so you couldn't have. So there must be some other explanation. Spill it! :)

Monster: Hah! Wrong! The hat covers my receding hair line. I don't have a bald spot.

Kristen said...

First, what in tarnations are you doing using a word like "tarnations?"
Second, I arrived at your parent's house armed to the teeth with duct tape, gauzey stuff, lots of ropes and other kidnapping equipment etc, etc, only to find out they were in Alaska. Next time better scheduling.