Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Purple and Red and Yellow

Anyone remember Orbital's, "Little Fluffy Clouds"? I think it got some radio play in the early 90s. There's this line: "The sunsets were purple and red and yellow and on fire and the clouds would catch the color..." It keeps repeating over and over again in true classic techno style. Anyhow, it kept running through my head over the weekend after I hiked Ensign Peak (above Salt Lake City) to see the sunset and watch fireworks. Amazing sunset. INCREDIBLE sunset. And we could see firework shows from about 6 cities at once. Hurray. Now enjoy the photos.

3 comments:

NARDAC said...

yeah... I remember that Orbital song... and all those memories are largely coloured by various drug experiences... such that seeing your pics, I suddenly have this strange feeling that out in Utah, you're surrounded by such natural surrealism that you don't need drugs. Sometimes I wonder why I am such a dirty city girl...

grace said...

wow. i love your pics...

i need drugs.

oh, wait. what were we talking about?

i guess i don't need drugs... damn.

Cindy-Lou said...

I don't know the song but I can see why it was going through your head. Those are beautiful pictures, Jeremy. Now go look at mine from Montreal.
http://clclicks.blogspot.com/