Friday, September 17, 2004

Damned Ladies 2

A month or so ago I wrote a post called "Damned Ladies," about working in a female-dominated environment. Since then, I've written down some of the things I've heard during their regular conversations right outside my cubicle. I've decided to compile a short list of quotes for which I will provide no context. They are more amusing taken as they are:

"Don't even look at me. I'm so scary looking today it's pathetic!"

"That's what I did with my emotions while I was married to the crazy man."

"Well, I beat my dog, but you don't know what my dog does!"

"I'm just greasy every day."

"I feel like you just told me you're going to marry Paul Newman."

"I was like all frightened of him. Him and his long braids."

"All farmers have bad breath."

"My pants smelled gross. I was so embarassed for myself."

"You mom brings you milk? My mom never brought me milk. She never even nursed me!"

"She's got a growth somewhere."

"Is that why I have a bulbous butt?"

I doubt these quotes are as amusing to you as they are to me, but I thought I'd share them anyway since they make me giggle, all giddy-like.


5 comments:

grace said...

at least you get funny stuff... the ladies at my work just bitch about their husbands and each other. i feel like i'm in high school all over again... eep.

Jer said...

Grr-lady: that's what female coworkers are SUPPOSED to talk about while working. That and hair, clothes and shoes. If you ever get a strong desire to join in, try to take control of yourself; grip the desk, bite down on your mouse, something.

Mr.What: That website made me giggle much more giddy-like than those quotes will ever do. Oh sweet gracious that was funny! Although that last picture was more disturbing than anything...disturbing and wrong.

mark said...

my eyes are tearing up at that last one... dear oh dear...

and you know jeremy, i work in an office dominated by 50yr old + women... they really dont complain that much. just alot of chatter and laughing.

hillary said...

i bet that poor lady has a bulbous butt because she never got nursed...

C.K. said...

You've got a point there, Hillary Marie